- Engine: Four-stroke, air-cooled single
- Displacement: 401cc
- Bore x stroke: 82 x 76mm
- Compression ratio: 8.6:1
- Carburetor: Nikki 6C1026
- Air filter: Snorkel-type with two-stage dry replaceable element
- Oil filter: Automotive-type spin-on canister
- Ignition: Magneto and transistor
- Electrical: 12V DC, 14 amp-hour battery, alternator
- Transmission: Continuously variable transmission with high and low range, plus reverse
- Final drive: Shaft-driven selectable four-wheel drive, dual-mode rear differential
- Exhaust: Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
- Front tires: 24x9-10 tubeless
- Rear tires: 24x11-10 tubeless
- Front suspension / wheel travel: MacPherson strut / 3.1 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Unit swing axle / 3.1 in.
- Steering: Rack-and-pinion
- Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic drums, triple sealed
- Fuel capacity: 4.1 gal.
- Curb weight: 1,010 lbs.
- Overall length: 108.8 in.
- Overall width: 52.6 in.
- Overall height: 70.9 in.
- Wheelbase: 70.0 in.
- Ground clearance: 6.7 in.
- Roll over protective structure (ROPS): This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5 and also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
- Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH): 41.1 x 35.4 x 9.6 in. / 10.9 cu. ft.
- Load capacity: 926 lbs.
- Cargo bed capacity: 400 lbs.
- Towing capacity: 1,100 lbs.
- Turning radius: 10.8 ft.
- Top speed: 25 mph, governed
- Instruments: Oil temperature meter, hour meter, 35w headlights, taillight and stoplight
- Color choices: Dark Royal Red, Smoky Blue
At a glance…
- Rugged and compact 4x4 off-road utility vehicle
- Can be easily transported in the back of a full-size pickup truck
- Can tow up to 1,100 lbs. with optional Kawasaki trailer hitch installed
Fan-Cooled, Single-Cylinder Engine
- Simple, lightweight, durable, and quiet 401cc four-stroke engine
- Modern four-stroke overhead valve design for efficient running and good fuel economy
- Fan cooling helps the engine maintain an ideal operating temperature
- Choke opens throttle during starting so accelerator pedal does not need to be depressed
- Can be started in gear by stepping on the brake pedal
Gear Driven Engine Balancer
- Balance weight moves opposite to the piston, dramatically reducing vibration, minimizing noise and wear
- Maximizes operator comfort, and diminishes fatigue
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
- Carburetor settings reduce exhaust emissions
- Positive crankcase ventilation system recycles blow-by gasses to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
- Muffler has USFS-approved spark arrestor
- California models have a check valve on the fuel tank to charcoal canister connector hose for preventing gasoline from entering the canister when operating on inclines or over rough terrain
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
- Simple and lightweight CVT is fully automatic and keeps engine speed in the most efficient range for any selected vehicle speed, load, or terrain
- Fully automatic transmission with selectable 2- or 4-wheel drive
- An open-sided drive pulley cools better for longer belt life.
- Belt deflection can easily be adjusted by changing shim thickness of the adjuster bolt located on the outside of the driven converter
- Cooling air flows in from a vent in the cab frame through a special air filter, which keeps out water and dust for increased belt life
- Exhaust duct reshape to prevent contact with the frame
- Long wearing double cog CVT belt
- Locked mode for maximum traction in difficult conditions
- Unlocked mode decreases turning radius and minimizes ground disturbance - great for use on grass.
Rack and Pinion Steering
- Rack-and-pinion steering helps to keep steering light and accurate, which makes maneuvering in tight working quarters a snap
- Durable, simple and easy to maintain
MacPherson Strut Independent Front Suspension
- Comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
- Simple, rugged single A-arm design offers tight turning radius for extra maneuverability
Unit Swingarm Rear Suspension
- Unique design places engine and rear wheels on a sub-frame with a mid-point pivot
- Isolates vibration
- Can handle heavy loads, yet provides comfortable ride with an empty cargo bed
- Large 24-inch tires feature a tread pattern that offers good off-road traction and ride quality while keeping tire wear low
- Self-Adjusting, hydraulic drum brakes at all four wheels provide ample stopping power
- Front grille includes space for mounting a 3000-pound capacity winch
- Compact, lightweight, and easy to transport to the job, easily fitting in the bed of a full-sized pickup
- Bench seat is spacious and comfortable for two
- Durable plastic body panels resist dents and color is molded in for long lasting good looks
- Meets Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
- Two seat belts
- Speed limited to 25 mph
- Large storage tub under the hood with four D-rings to secure the load
- Passenger side glove box
- Cup holders located at each side of the front hood by the dash
Tilting Cargo Bed
- Steel cargo bed can carry up to 400 pounds and tilts for quick unloading
- Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduce vibration and noise, and adds durability
- Crankcase oil level dipstick
- Dual element air cleaner
- CVT cover has a convenient drain plug
- Automotive style dash designed for ease of use with easy reach controls
- Standard equipment hour meter makes maintenance intervals easy to track
- Fuel gauge
- Oil temperature warning light
- Gear selector for HI, Low, Neutral, and Reverse
- Differential locking lever
- Convenient parking brake
- Headlight switch for powerful and stylish 35w headlights
Popular Accessory Items
- Soft or Hard Top
- Enclosed Cab
- Snow Plow